Printable Hospital Bag Checklist (Singapore Edition)•
Posted on March 18 2021
9 month of preparation and D-day is approaching! In this last lap, we hope to get you ready for the most important day of your pregnancy - delivery day! And to do so, we've provided a printable checklist for your hospital bag. Get the pdf version here.
Here's a lowdown on the details:
- Doctor's Admission Letter
- Identity Card (for locals)/ Passport (for foreigners)
- Original Marriage Certificate to register the baby's birth at the hospital
- Letter of Guarantee (LOG) from your company/ insurance company, if applicable. An LOG could reduce the out-of-pocket expense during your stay depending on the T&Cs of your policy as stated in the LOG.
- Relevant health records & current medication list
- Prenatal Receipts. To claim pre-delivery charges from Medisave, parents need to present the bills incurred for pre-delivery medical care to the hospital where baby was delivered. The hospital will submit these bills, together with the delivery expenses, for Medisave claims under the Medisave Maternity Package.
- Packet of sanitary pads* - those suited for post-partum (maternity pads) are longer, softer, and much more absorbent.
- Skincare, dental kit* & makeup
- Perineal Spray
- Dry Shampoo
- Deodorant/Body wipes*
- Contact lenses/glasses
- Hair brush
3. Mom's Clothes
- Bedroom/shower non-slip slippers
- Nursing bras and tanks
- Disposable underwear*
- Stomach Binder
- Going Home Outfit - select one that's comfortable but also pretty enough for a family photo on discharge!
4. Baby's Gear
- Cord blood kit (if applicable)
- Going Home Outfit (romper + swaddle)
- Mittens*, socks, beanie
- Baby Wipes*
- Baby Milestone Card (optional)
- Baby Car Seat (if driving home)
5. Breastfeeding Gear
- Breast Pump - bring your personal breast pump and get the lactation consultant to teach you to use it at the hospital!
- Nursing Cover
- Lactation Cookies/Tea
- Breast pads*
- Nipple shield
- Nipple cream/butter
- Bags for soiled clothes
- Mobile phone, Laptop & charger
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Pillow, light sleeping bag, and 3 clothing sets for partner
Some hospitals provide a complimentary delivery gift bag which may provide some of these products. The more common ones provided have been marked out with an asterisk (*). However, it would be best to check with the hospital you're delivering at to be sure.
A Mother of 2 Share...
When Vanessa was diagnosed with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) for both pregnancies, she took preventive actions to ensure it did not affect h...Read More
Printable Hospital ...
9 month of preparation and D-day is approaching! In this last lap, we hope to get you ready for the most important day of your pregnancy - deliver...Read More
Stretch Mark Preven...
1. What is it? Stretch marks are a result of the body expanding faster than your skin is able to keep up. Collagen and elastin, which give skin it...Read More