The types of personal data we may collect from you include:
- your name; mailing address(es); contact number(s); email address(es); date of birth; gender; marketing preferences; payment information and transaction details; aggregated site statistics data; any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with our website]; request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates; fill in any forms on our website; submit a CV, job application, or any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our website [or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website];
- To evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way;
- To facilitate online purchases of goods and services; and
- To improve the content of the website;
- To customize the content of the website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- To utilize your browsing history on the website for demographic research; and
- To obtain static data of web visitors and aggregated website visitation statistics which are anonymous in nature.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to external parties. However in order to provide the above services to you, we may share, including transfer out of Singapore, your personal data with Third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business and administrative functions.
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
OPTING-OUT / WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, detailed instructions are provided at the bottom of all emails sent out. If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our other mailing lists, or to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please write to us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information and process it securely. Such measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardized industry practices. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website. Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
All other questions on our use of your personal data should be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.